Rob Walling is the founder of email marketing tool Drip and the owner of SEO keyword tool HitTail. He’s also the author of the book “Start Small, Stay Small: A Developer’s Guide to Launching a Startup”. And his blog “Software by Rob” is a top 20 startup blog and is read by about 20,000 web entrepreneurs each month.
When Rob launched Drip, he was doing $7K in monthly recurring revenue. But he quickly realized that his revenue had already flat-lined and that he had a high customer churn problem. In this episode, we talk about the ‘semi-pivot’ that Rob made and how that exploded revenue growth for Drip.
- “Don’t play games that you don’t understand, even if you see lots of other people making money from them.” — Tony Hsieh, CEO Zappos
- “Traction – A Startup Guide to Getting Customers” by Gabriel Weinberg & Justin Mares
- “Saas Marketing Essentials” by Ryan Battles
Links, Resources & People Mentioned
- Drip – @getdrip
- Mailchimp – @MailChimp
- Aweber – @aweber
- Constant Contact – @ConstantContact
- InfusionSoft – @Infusionsoft
- Marketo – @marketo
- Hubspot – @HubSpot
- Pardot – @Pardot
- Ontraport – @ONTRAPORT
- Sumome – @SumoMe
- Numa Group
- Hit Tail – @HitTail
- Peter Coppinger – @
Thank You For Listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast, then please consider sharing this using the social sharing buttons on this page.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes so you can receive automatic updates on new episodes.